Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgving: Colleagues

Today, I am thankful for my colleages/coworkers. They are simply amazing. One of my associates even went out and got me lunch today!

I am truly blessed to work at Horizon. Everyone is so welcoming and loving. I have been in schools where people dont even say "hello" as you are crossing paths in the hallway...this is NOT true at Horizon!

I was able to engage in some good conversation with our dean of students, Shannon, today. She is a wonderful person and I cannot express how GREAT she is at what she does! I am thankful for her constant concern and listening ears. I also admire her task completion. You can always count on her.

I am thankful for other friendships I have made this year, also. I "share" special education students with multiple teachers, and this year the group of teachers I get to work with are wonderful! I enjoy their personalities and helping hands in genuinely wanting the best for our students. I have also really enjoyed getting to know Miss Shermer this year as we have worked very closely with the students we share. She is really a dedicated teacher and works her tail off to meet the needs of all students in (or not in : ) ) her classroom.  This year has been the most challenging in all of my teaching career and the student we share has brought that on for us. Even though it is a challenge, I am ready for that, but am so thankful that I have a "village" to back me up! I am also SO thankful for Mary and her allowing me to vent constantly!

Last, I am so incredibly thankful for my associates. I think I could do a whole day of Thanksgiving for them. I would be unable to do what I do without them. I have been overly lucky to have been "given" them. They have the most patient hearts and truly, truly, have the best interest of my students in their sight. And most of all, they love the kids. Trust me, I have experienced associates who have not been like this, and I can say with the most confidence that they are the best around.  They are open to feedback, always willing to raise a helping hand, and best of all...they keep me sane :) Whether its a simple story about something our students did, or just talking about "monkey balls" (hehe...Lynne and Chris will get that) its so nice to have their help..educationally and emotionally!


No comments: