Today, I am thankful for my home. Not for the house...for what "home" is.
I had a really hard time when my parents bought a house in town and moved from the farm. I was so sad. Then, I went to visit and realized that wow-the house was not home without the people in it. I am thankful for the many years I lived there, the memories my family made, and the part of me that it built inside me. I love being a farm girl and I LOVE to go "home". There is something inside my soul that wakes up when I get close to home. Maybe its the farm, maybe its the country, maybe its just my family :)
There is a song called "My Front Porch Looking In" by Lonestar. That song reminds me of what a "home" really is. If I were to look into my house to see the beauty it beholds, it wouldnt be the architecture of the house or the material things inside it. The beauty of it would be my an amazing husband, a big fluffy white dog, and the love that dwells there.
I am so thankful that I have not only a house but a home. There are many people who do not have a house and I am so grateful that my husband and I make enough to have a house. But, no matter what may happen I know that these walls do not fulfill what a home is. Home is wherever the people I love are :)
No comments:
Post a Comment