Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Home--Day 1

Today, I am thankful to live in the United States. I am so thankful to live in a country where we have so much freedom. I am so grateful for those who have worked to give me that right. I think we dont realize how great we have it here.

I had a dream the other night that Luke and I were in another country that was in a war. We were staying in a hotel that had been raided and had to hide under the covers. I woke up and my heart was pounding...it felt so real....

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to go to bed every night and feel like that. I know there are people who experience this everyday. I can say that every night I am able to get a good nights sleep and not have to worry about what might happen through the night. I dont have to worry about crime, war, and I have a peaceful mind and know I am safe.

Tonight, as I drove home the lake had the most beautiful sunset over it. I am thankful to live in the state of Iowa where crime is low, the corn grows, and you can see for miles. I love being able to see a sunset and sunrise. I am thankful to be "safe".  People call me "naive", but I am happy that I did not experience the some of the things I did until I was old enough to make the correct choices.  I think living in Iowa has been a huge reason that I am the strong woman I am today.  Iowa's lifestyle is much slower than states with big cities. Personally, I think that's okay with the strain a fast pace puts on society.  Yes, not all people would agree that Iowa is so great..but out here, it's God's country!

Iowa was rated 5th on www.livescience.com's 2010 ten happiest states list. The list was based off of physical health, access to healthcare, safeness in the community, work environment, and emotional health.

No comments: